Ever heard of “Plinking?” No, not pimping. Plinking. Plinking is what many would call a lost art. Wikipedia defines plinking as:

Plinking refers to informal target shooting done at non-traditional targets such as tin cans, glass bottles, and balloons filled with water.[1] The term is anonomatopoeia of the sound a bullet or other projectile makes when hitting a tin can, or other similar target, referring to the sharp, metallic sound, known as a “plink”.”

Plinking is what many would consider a lost art. Heading off into the woods or a field looking for tree limbs, stumps, even tin cans and rocks to shoot at is rarely done any more. In a day where we have so many purpose specific firearm, few outdoorsman are consumed with using just ONE of their beloved smoke poles for many sports. Nowadays it’s “this gun for this,” and, “this gun for that.” Even our .22 handguns have to be a replica of larger guns of sorts to aid in training purposes and tactical drills.

With the 50 round drum magazine inserted into the action this little replica looks an awful lot like the original!

Well let me introduce a .22 Rimfire rifle that has little purpose outside of fun shooting and plinking. The BRAND NEW Mitchell PPS50/22 is a direct rimfire replica of the Soviet PPSh-41 full auto rifle made famous during the Battle of Berlin in 1945. Does the name Mitchell’s Mausers sound familiar? Maybe you don’t own one of their original World War II battle rifles, but there is a chance you’ve seen their ads gracing the pages of Guns & Ammo magazine, American Rifleman by the NRA and others.

Knowing their supply of surplus rifles will inevitably run out some day, the folks at Mitchell’s seem to be proactive in creating new model guns with historical significance just like this PPS50/22 seems to be doing. It’s an exact replica of the original Soviet model save for the fact it’s a semi-automatic rather than a fully automatic and boasts a 22 Long Rifle rimfire chambering over the original 7.62x25mm pistol round the original submachine gun was chambered in. Availabilities include a 50 round drum magazine and a 30 and 10 round straight banana (shaped, slang term) magazine so you can pull the trigger to your hearts delight. The perforated heat shield is designed to be both functional and cosmetic in remembering the original. This would be a BEAUTIFUL piece to add to any WW2 collection at a fraction of the price of what an original would cost.

Oh, and that plinking thing? This new offering from Mitchell’s may very well be a solution to ending the drought of the fine art.

No related content found.

Tagged with:

6 Responses to The Mitchell PPS50/22 Rimfire Rifle

1. taylor says:

A company named puma has u beaten to it

• Ebbs says:

Has me beaten to it, or Mitchell’s Mausers? I just report the stuff man, not invent it. Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment!

2. Chris says:

I’m considering purchasing a Mitchell’s PPS50/22 Rimfire Rifle. Is it easier to buy them through Mitchell’s Mausers and a FFL Dealer or is there a list of dealers somewhere.
    By the way, plinking is a lost art, which is why I’m interested in the PPS50/22, wow what a mouthful!

• Ebbs says:

My Father’s dealt with Mitchell’s personally on a Collector grade K98 and after having seen it firsthand I’d recommend just dealing directly with them and having your rifle sent straight to your own FFL. If you don’t have your own then check http://fflgundealers.net/ to find one in your area.

3. alex says:

I ordered a gun from them and it came shiny and new looking. It did not shoot however and before I bought it i asked repeatedly if this was a usable gun. It shipped to me quickly. When I called about it not working they were very helpful about how to get it fixed and they would take care of everything once I shipped it back and it would take 7-10 days before i got it back. it has been 4 weeks and they just told me it would be another 2 weeks at least. They talk a great game but their delivery is criminal

4. Bobby says:

I would like to get the PPS-50/22. I like 10/22′s, I also want
    to get the ZK-22 kit from Red Jacket Firearms.I like the
    different look of these 22 rifles. Eventhough the RJF kit is a
    way to change your standard Ruger 10/22 into a bullpup.