Scroll to bottom for full rifle review video.
I’ve had my Remington R-15 in.223 for well over a year and it’s seen hundreds of rounds and been the end of countless prairie dogs. Taking that into consideration, I figured it was way past time to do a full rifle review on it, even though it’s already been seen and even featured in the Star Exploding Targets Review. And while the video will cover the finer points, accuracy report (though brief as it is), reliability, feel, etc. here are some bullet point (Mind Dump) style rifle review thoughts after 1 year of demanding use on the Remington R-15.
Fantastic balance, even offhand or shooting off sticks. It’s NOT light though. Recoil is minimal and the muzzle flip is almost non existent.
- The trigger is a hunting style trigger (5 lbs), but is far better than most stock AR triggers.
- Very accurate for an out of the box AR. Once familiarized, 1″ MOA groups are routine and it LOVES the 50 grain V-Max.
- For a custom rifle I was disappointed with the stock AR grip, so I replaced it with the OD Ergo grip and LOVE IT.
- Reliability is 100% after well over 1000 rounds it eats EVERYTHING I throw at it: Hornady, Fiocchi, HSM (all for hunting), PMC, American Eagle, Winchester, Remington (least accurate), and even steel cased garbage. Not to mention it’s not finicky with certain magazines either. Standard GI mags are awesome, as are Pmags, Thermalite, and the stock 5 rounder.
- Accuracy is retained over long range. Furthest shots on prairie dogs ranged at 520 yards and 480 yards.
No related content found.
H.o.G. on Instagram