Since day 1 with the Building an AK-47 series I’ve had help. Not like someone’s actually been doing it for me, but I’ve had a coach if you will. My good friend Owen over at ALLAK47.com (All things AK-47) is what you may call an expert or afficionado in the world of AK-47 and AK variant type rifles. His posts are informative, challenging and easy to read.
Anyway this morning he launched a post about a checklist for choosing a used AK-47. If you’re not aware, some are downright shoddy in terms of workmanship and quality control. Some look like they were assembled collectively at a kindergarten, while others appear to have been finished by a master gunsmith. There are all types of variables, but Owen gives you some good basic steps to be sure you’re not getting a lemon.
Check out his “USED AK CHECKLIST.” I’d encourage you to check out his ever growing body of work and allow yourself to be coached by him as well. Feel free to ask questions, he’s opinionated, but his answers are quick and to the point and he won’t make you feel like an idiot. Just tell him Ebbs sent you.
H.o.G. on Instagram
- Chris Miller on Sub 6 Pound AR-15 for my Wife – The WIFLE
- Ebbs on A Rifle for the Wife – The “WIFLE”
- Sub 6 Pound AR-15 for my Wife - The WIFLE | HausofGuns.com | Gun and Gear Reviews, Hunting and Outdoor Products, Video on A Rifle for the Wife – The “WIFLE”
- Fabio Santos on A Rifle for the Wife – The “WIFLE”
- Mortamer on NEW Ruger LC9S Striker Fired 9mm