It was inevitable after last season’s recurve archery challenge and the rock throwing nonsense that tonight’s episode of Top Shot would revisit the primitive weapons in one way or another. But if the crossbow is that weapon then I’m a happy camper. It’s got a trigger, it’s crazy accurate and even a first timer can master one. Remember last week we left off with the RED team bonding together as a team even further and the BLUE team beginning to implode. Also, Littlejohn cried.
- BLUE team having a kumbaya session with Terry V. laying down the law. Looks like he’s designating himself the leader here. After the way he convincingly won the elimination round I’d say he’s earned that spot.
- Colby has a nice yellow shirt on. Looks like a Texas Banana.
- Bowtech Strike Zone 350 crossbow is the bow of choice. Sends arrows 350 feet per second down range and touts an ultra light trigger.
- As I predicted on Twitter. Dylan seems pumped about the crossbow. Big game guide Tim Trefren voices approval as well.
- Chris Brackett shows up as the expert looking like he just got back from touring with Ted Nugent. Or was it Wolverine?
- Gabby having no trouble cocking the crossbow with a 150 pound pull. That girl is tough.
- RED team still unified.
- Dylan – “BLUE team gelling a lot more, everyone getting along.” My take: Having a very attractive woman around is a distraction.
- Gonna be a side by side race. Shooters are basically shooting at a moving target. 6 rounds starting with 1 moving up to 6 moving targets per round. The first team member to clear their targets wins the round for their team. BLUE chooses to sit RED team Tim
- After getting off to an early lead, Greg stumbles for BLUE team and MacGruber then Chee Kwan get the RED team back into it tied at 7. Greg had a hard time early on getting the crossbow loaded (my amigo Lars from NRAblog.com says it’s cuz he couldn’t see all the way down to load it, LOL). My homeboy CHRIS CHENG doing work now! 5 for 5 in the fifth round putting RED ahead by 3.
- As predicted Dylan does well for BLUE team but Gary manages to hang in and win it for the RED team comeback win.
TEAM MEETING/NOMINATION RANGE:
- I’m predicting BLUE sends Greg & Terry. Seems like they struggled the most in the challenge.
- Wow, Colin is the man. Didn’t expect anyone to own up on BLUE but he’s doing it. In fact, looks like all the guys that struggled are taking it like men.
- Greg sends Colin in as his competitor with his vote. Just like last week when Terry sent Michelle in to face him.
- Not sure how a Smith & Wesson MP40 fits into a crossbow episode over say a stick (though I dig the gun and the round), but we’ll see. Colin seems excited, Greg looks confused.
- JULIE G. IS THE EXPERT!!! We love Julie! She’s a supreme pistolera. She’s got the boys practicing on a moving pendulum type target so it’s safe to assume that the challenge will have moving targets in front of them.
- Colin talking some serious trash. We’ll see if he’s got the nerves or if he’ll make Littlejohn rich in Bass Pro again.
- So it’s a pendulum target, with trigger targets on either side to release it to swing through. The window is triangular shaped so as the targets climb the pendulum the sight window gets skinnier. Looks like a load of fun. I NEED one of these at the range!
- Seems like Greg’s strategy of spray and pray is really working out for him. After Colin leveled things up even at 1 target left for a while, Greg gets the final target and is now uber rich in Bass Pro.
- ROFL Augie! “What’s going on here? Here is a 31 year old man giving a 36 year old man a friendship bracelet!?” That’s the comment of the night.
Stay tuned to my interview with RED Team’s Tim Trefren coming up before next week’s episode. And if you get a chance feel free to look for my interview with Season 2′s Jay Lim from his appearance on Top Guns last week.
No related content found.