Last week we saw the teams compete with a cannon, well a “Bag Gun” to be precise. A cannon! “Bloody hell it’s a cannon!” said Terry from BLUE team. Surprisingly, the RED team lost by a narrow margin and Guy Fieri (Dylan the knife guy) really emerged as a competitor. We had to say buh-bye to Tim because he picked a fight with Chris who couldn’t stop running his mouth. Unfortunately in my opinion Chris has been the strongest shooter for RED team so far. The weapon he won with? The ATLATL (yes that reads ATL-ATL). Apparently the creators of the dart throwing ATLATL were big fans of HOT-lanta down in the dirty south. It’s not proven, I’m just sayin’.
At the end of last week I made the prediction that Dustin Ellermann would be back for the Trick Shot challenge. We’ll see…
- Ahhhh yes, quick recap reminds us Chee Kwan’s failure to swing to the Flintlock. That’s gonna come back on him. Can’t believe he still hasn’t been to elimination after that. We can thank MacGruber for keeping him out last week.
- Gabby: “Wow this is gonna be awesome. I mean, I like precision. That’s what I really like.” Obviously in her sweet little Venezuelan accent.
- Well HELLO Mr. Remington R1 Enhanced 1911. Welcome to Top Shot.
- Oooooh BLUE team practicing from the table with the Volquartsen. That could come back on them.
- ROFL, William from BLUE team to the expert… “I’m a really good shot… trust me.” With the pistol, not proving it. Then stepped up with the Volquartsen then absolutely hit dead nuts. Seems to be a bit too cocky for his BLUE teammates though.
- Dylan stepping up again. Trying to get his team to focus and work together.
- “I’m afraid, I’m very afraid,” Terry Vaughan says in his best southern accent. Wait, what?
- Targets look further away than they are… 30 feet with the R1 Enhanced, 75 and 35 feet with the Volquartsen .22. Difficult but not impossible. Colby only calling the R1 Enhanced “The Model 1911″ which leads me to believe they like the gun for competition, but couldn’t milk any cash from Remington to get mentioned 197 times. Yes? Though I’m doubting Volquartsen dumped any cash into getting attention. They’re just that awesome.
- After Augie goes 2 for 3 on the first bowling pin shoot, Chris Cheng hits 3 for 3.
- Greg Littlejohn: “I think a lot of people might have underestimated Chris Cheng up to this point.” Not me!
- Kyle goes 2 for 3 on the second bowling pin challenge and Littlejohn only gets 1 for 3. He did knock the center pin down, but not one of the side pins.
- Terry & Gabby tie on the first .22 challenge. Gary from RED absolutely KILLS the moving can shot going 3 for 3. Dylan follows by biffing 0 for 3 on the jumping paint can.
- Here comes William shooting at gum balls. Let’s see if he’s as good as he’s telling people.
- Okay, maybe he is this good. Wait, maybe not. “Hey diddle, diddle right down the middle” only hit the first of 4 gum balls. RED WINS.
- LOL, Littlejohn… “Hey Diddle Diddle left the building.”
TEAM MEETING/NOMINATION RANGE:
- Dylan volunteers himself. Also, challenges William because he only hit 1 of 4 targets after what he’s saying was the fault of wind. Basically, he didn’t perform, then made an excuse.
- Gonna say I like Augie. I’m under the impression he’s going to go farther than we think. Just hasn’t stood out so far.
- Dylan and William in elimination.
- The guys are using the Sig P229 and the Browning Buckmark .22 Long Rifle with a SICK Tactical Solutions barrel on it. I bet my amigos over at FourGuysGuns.com are pretty pumped to see the Sig Sauer on the show tonight!
- “I think the practice is going pretty well, uhhhh, for William.” – Dylan the Knife Guy.
- Challenge requires shooting the tops of the bowling pins off with the Browning, then shooting the bottom half off with the Sig P229. After 2 minutes whoever has the most points wins.
- Okay, way more neck and neck than I thought.
- Dylan pretty much gives up while having to reload his .22. William wins. Wonder if Greg will give a bandana to Dylan.
Looks like we get to see Iain Harrison make a visit as an expert next week. Looking forward to seeing some British guns used next week including the Webley revolver and the .303 Enfield (which we’ve handled too!)
No related content found.