Remember last week? We cried and said goodbye to our dear friend, Gabby. Well, Chee cried anyway. At least it wasn’t Littlejohn, right? Then we had to watch Chris take down Will in an absolute NAIL BITER of an elimination challenge with the classic Henry lever action rifle. It was historic in the sense that Gabby made it further than any other woman having entered the competition. Ironically too, she never had to face an elimination challenge. Wondering if she would have fared the same had that been the case. (ATLATL anyone?)
So we’re still rocking the green jerseys with 6 final players and the challenges appear to be heating up with more complex events. I’m pumped.
- Greg: “Chris Cheng is good with certain things but you put something unfamiliar in his hands and he… might… suck.”
- Littlejohn feeling confident in his chances early on.
- OOOOH DADDDY! The FN FiveSeven pistol. 20 round magazine getting over 2000 fps from a .22 cal (hence 5.7) bullet. Actual round spec is the 5.7x28mm.
- Colby proclaiming a “physical” challenge coming up in the challenges.
- The FiveSeven looks like a pea shooter in Littlejohn’s giant meat sausage hands. Remember folks, he’s the official Top Shot Sasquatch.
- I see a 30 foot tower + rappelling in the future. Problem is, Littlejohn is the same size as the tower. (love you Greg!)
- When I look at Augie I see a white guy. When I close my eyes and listen I see… not a white guy?
- Guys will have to shoot with gloves on a-la-rappelling, then draw from holster, re-holster, then rappel down again. Top 3 guys are safe.
- Littlejohn goes first, go figure. Had some trouble getting on target but did okay with the rappelling side. Time – 1:32
- Chee Kwan is second. Immediately freaks about the height, but overcomes it with an awkward slide down. Time – 1:42
- MacGruber (Kyle) looks skilled with rappelling. Shooting well too. TAP RACK BANG MacGruber!!!! Time – 1:21
- Gary Shank is having fun. Gotta love that. he’s like a little kid… er… a bald little kid. Time – 1:36
- Chris Cheng is about his business. Smooth on all areas so far. This should be a 1st place run… Yep. Time – 1:17
- Augie hasn’t rappelled since 1995 and smacks the wall. OUCH, LOL. Augie moves into 3rd with Time – 1:23
- This means Chee, Gary & Greg are all eligible for elimination. no shooter was further than 25 seconds apart, that’s how close this challenge was.
- I like Chris’s logic. Chee & Gary were the weakest shooters so they should go to elimination. Greg has been 3x and come back every time. PLUS I’m fairly certain neither Chee nor Gary have been to an elim challenge.
- MacGruber shoot’s Chee’s target and Greg (along with the rest of us) were baffled. He proves to be the equalizer once more.
- Chee & Gary in elimination.
- Good times. A total SWAT layout using the Mossberg 500 Chainsaw breeching shotgun and the FN FS2000 bullpup design. Guys are required to suit up with full SWAT gear including helmet, goggles, flak jacket, gloves, etc.
- Chee seems to have an advantage due to prior CQB training with the Marine Corps. But both guys seem pretty confident. We’ll see. The challenge looks REALLY cool.
- Colby says “you’ll use the chainsaw breecher to ‘OBLITERATE’ the door locks.
- 3 doors, then targets on the other side of each. Furthest target is the final exploder at 70 feet, which is just over 20 meters. A chip shot with the FS2000. Gary is first.
- Ooooh I wanted to see him kick the door. He pushed it like he was checking for someone on the toilet.
- Gary with a VERY impressive showing on his run. VERY well done.
- Chee up now, a little slower through the door but also blazing the course. This will be a close. And he didn’t breech the door with the last shot. He’s done. I’m calling it.
- Chee 1:14, Gary :56 seconds. He wins by impressive margins. So Gabby goes home last week and her man-friend Chee this week. Poetic?
Welp, only 5 guys left after this week. More moving shots coming up next week. Mind tricks too. PEACE OUT!
No related content found.