UPDATE: Here’s a video gun review of us shooting the DTA SRS suppressed with the Thunder Beast Arms 338BA suppressor.
I mentioned in my NEED List segment a few weeks ago that I REALLY need a .338 Lapua Magnum. Little did I know a buddy came across a screaming deal on a Desert Tactical Arms DT SRS in .338 Lap Mag. The DT SRS is a bullpup styled sniper rifle meaning the primary action lies behind the grip and the trigger allowing the barrel to start closer to the shooter keeping the overall length under 40″ despite the fact the barrel is 26″.
IT. WAS. AWESOME.
“The air is concussed.” That ridiculous phrase kept floating through my mind every time I took a shot. Probably because it best describes the feeling. My buddy Roy (it was his rifle) is waiting on his Nightforce scope at which time I’m sure we’ll really get things dialed in and do some crazy stuff at distance. In the meantime, here’s what Roy did at 100 yards then my group at 200 yards with some hefty wind and shooting through vegetation. We weren’t set up yet to get elevated laying prone so we made due with what we could for today.
H.o.G. on Instagram
- Point blank: 'Stupid shotgun suppressor is stupid' | The Gun Feed on Are Shotgun Suppressors Cool?
- Ebbs on More Lies and Mischaracterizations of Guns
- Roger Tranfaglia on More Lies and Mischaracterizations of Guns
- Timmons on More Lies and Mischaracterizations of Guns
- blehtastic on Izhmash Saiga Concern Kalashnikov Ban will not Effect Rifle Dynamics