FINALLY got my hands on a Springfield XDs for the first time since shooting one at the SHOT SHOW 2012 Range Day. It handled well, but as you can imagine for its size shooting a full power .45 ACP it’s a bit of a handful. Thankfully the guys behind the counter at my local Sportsmans Warehouse are plenty tolerant letting me grab a couple of pistols at once and take some comparison photos. Here’s a look at the single stack Glock 36 compared to the new XDs .45 ACP.
The Glock definitely fills the hand a bit better and from my experience handles better while training, but it’s definitely bulkier for concealment purposes when put next to the all new XDs from Springfield. Check out the pics below for a good side by side look. I was actually pretty surprised with just how thing the Glock 36 is.
The biggest difference seems to be in height and length between the two. Only being able to wrap two fingers around the grip on the XDs leaves a bit to be desired when handling the mighty .45. Surely it’s only a matter of time before Springfield releases an extended magazine for the XDs.
Please pardon the low quality of the photos taken from on my iPhone.
No related content found.
H.o.G. on Instagram
- blehtastic on Izhmash Saiga Concern Kalashnikov Ban will not Effect Rifle Dynamics
- RJBrown on Remington Model 34 .22 Rifle Review
- Timmons on Izhmash Saiga Concern Kalashnikov Ban will not Effect Rifle Dynamics
- Thordsen Custom AR-15 Pistol Builder’s Package | The Gun Feed on Thordsen Custom AR-15 Pistol Builder’s Package
- Grip Stop Universal & Mod 2 Review | The Gun Feed on Grip Stop Universal & Mod 2 Review