UPDATE (8/31/12): Friday the 31st is the final day this contest and the Gun Nuts Thunderdome will run and I’m still behind in the post views and comments game. I’m going to allow duplicate entries for the Ken Onion Foresight at this point. Even if you’ve already been, commented and shared do it again and do it all day! Go reply to a comment, etc, etc, etc!!! We need your help this one last time!!!
DISCLAIMER: I am NOT letting go of Haus of Guns. It is still 100% THE primary focus of my content publishing attention and the home base of my gun reviews!!!
Okay well, Gun Nuts Media isn’t giving anything away. But I AM if you can help me find my way to a staff writer position.
Quick Summary: A few weeks ago Caleb Giddings (from Gun Nuts and Top Shot season 1 fame) posted an opening to be filled at Gun Nuts with Shelley Rae pursuing other endeavors. Out of the nearly 300 applicants I’m (Ebbs) proud to say I was one of the final ten. THEN came the video interview, which apparently was good enough to get me into the final four round which we’ve all lovingly called the “THUNDERDOME”.
The challenge for Thunderdome is simple. Write an article 300-600 words in length to be posted simultaneously to Gun Nuts with the 3 other applicants’ posts then promote the snot out of it until Friday of this week. Caleb will ultimately choose the winner, but traffic, comments, sharing and promotion are a HUGE part of determining the success of these individual articles. I chose a fairly controversial topic for my post… Hi Point pistols.
I NEED YOUR HELP!
As I said a big part of how we’ll be judged is based on attention to our article and how we can promote it. Well I’m not ashamed to say I’ll be attempting to buy your participation. It’s a multiple step process, but you’re a smart crowd so I’m sure you’ll manage to get it done.
HOW TO HELP: (IN ORDER!)
- Go to my post on Gun Nuts, comment, argue, tell me how stupid I am, etc. NOTE, please make this a REAL comment. Well thought, showing you’ve read the post. Comments like, “Nice” or “Good job” will be immediately discredited.
- Go “LIKE” Gun Nuts Facebook page AND comment that Ebbs from H.o.G. sent you.
- Go “LIKE” H.o.G. Facebook if you haven’t already, then “SHARE” the status with this link in it and do the same on Twitter if you’re on it.
- Come back to THIS POST and comment that you’ve done all of the above. If you’re not on Facebook, then I need you to come up with some creative middle ground for spreading the news whether it be spamming your email forward list or enlisting the help of Mike Tyson and his homing pigeons. The wife will be hawking the comments this week so everyone with a comment on this post stating they’ve done all of the above better be able to prove it!
- SHARE, SHARE, SHARE. See why under “THE CATCH” below. Feel free to share via any relational or social media outlet you should so choose. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Klout, Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon or the aforementioned homing pigeon.
I’ll be giving away a BRAND SPANKING NEW first production run “FORESIGHT” from CRKT by Ken Onion which just won the Blade Show 2012 import Knife of the Year award, and Ken who was just inducted into the knife maker hall of fame. It has the IKBS bearing system we mentioned in the Ikoma Sampa review for BladeReviews.com and a 3.5″ deep bellied modified drop point blade. This is a $140 MSRP blade via the CRKT.com website. You cannot fathom how sweet it is until you hold it in your hand.
I want to win the Gun Nuts Thunderdome and expand my territory in the industry as a gun writer and thinker. I have no problem telling you that. Because I want to win so badly, I won’t be giving the knife away UNLESS I win. This means it’s in your best interest as a fan/supporter/selfish giveaway entry person to SHARE, SHARE, SHARE and make it your cause this week to get Ebbs to the top of the list. If you fail, oh-so-sweet Ken Onion Foresight stays with me. Wah-wahhhhhh!
No related content found.