See what I did there? I should have had this written on Saturday night but my parents are moving to town so I’ve been a bit preoccupied with helping them renovate their new home to livable specs so as often happens with life, it’s had to wait.
This weekend my amigo Owen from AllAK47.com texted me emphatically with news that it would be in my best interest to get to RECOIL’s Facebook page and see what was going on. I had/have never cracked the pages on a RECOIL rag mag so I waited an hour before curiosity got the best of me and that’s when things really seemed to erupt. If you’re still in the dark on the “how and why” of what I’m talking about, here’s the original comment by editor Jerry Tsai regarding the HK MP7A1:
“Like we mentioned before, the MP7A1 is unavailable to civilians and for good reason. We all know that’s technology no civvies should ever get to lay their hands on. This is a purpose-built weapon with no sporting applications to speak of. It is made to put down scumbags, and that’s it. Mike Cabrera of Heckler & Koch Law Enforcement Sales and veteran law enforcement officer with SWAT unit experience points out that this is a gun that you do not want in the wrong, slimy hands. It comes with semi-automatic and full-auto firing modes only. Its overall size places it between a handgun and submachine gun. Its assault rifle capabilities and small size make this a serious weapon that should not be taken lightly.”
Here’s my deal… 5 things stick out at me specifically regarding RECOIL magazine’s (or rather editor Jerry Tsai’s) comments regarding whether or not civilians should be able to arm themselves with something like an HK MP7A1. I’ll list them then shut up.
- A lot of people who were visible fanboys/girls of RECOIL mag from day 1 now claim to have been naysayers or at the very least suspicious of their stance from the beginning. Get over it folks, admit you were fleeced and move on.
- Many of these same people now spewing hatred and calling for blood still have RECOIL’s Facebook page “LIKED” as their total likes have only dropped by 1000 or so since this whole debacle started. NOTE: You can still go voice your opinion and comment without being a fan of their page. Evidence that thinking for yourself isn’t nearly as popular as being told what to think by someone sure or themselves or a magazine with cool pictures and sexy ladies.
- RECOIL magazine was simply a dive at making a few bucks on the increasingly popular firearm industry/culture appealing primarily to gamers and airsoft ninjas, not a driving force at advancing 2nd Amendment rights and understanding. It is and was a GUN PORN magazine with a major lack of substance similar to certain YouTube channels. RECOIL = FPSRussia of gun rags.
- RECOIL’s mistake requires a proactive response on our part and I’m not talking about trying to get the magazine shut down. The gun community is divided. How scary is it to realize that maybe half, a purely speculative percentage, of the people who claim to stand for gun rights actually instead stand for guns for hunting/sporting and not for standing up to tyranny? It’s become increasingly evident to me that a good majority of gun owners lack a basic understanding of why it is they get to own a gun in the first place, and it’s not to put food on the table. Is that a great benefit of the right? No question, but it’s not the basis for it. Time to start speaking out and educating the masses in an approachable way.
- Hechler & Koch hates us an always has. They make guns for military & LEO and live with disdain at the thought of civilians owning their guns. They are clearly a “Government Over the Masses” mindset that has no place in American Liberty.
*Editor Jerry Tsai has since issued ANOTHER feeble attempt at a retraction/apology on RECOIL’s Facebook page that in my opinion reveals even further how far off base he is with his understanding of the 2nd Amendment.
In the meantime, anyone who wants to send me their now obsolete RECOIL magazines to arrange the largest mass magazine demise at the hands of tannerite feel free to send them to me so we can get it on video.
No related content found.