For those of you who may not know, Threat Dynamicsis an immersive training facility where in their words:
“Unlike other systems such as paint ball and Airsoft-based training, [the] immersive system is designed solely for police and military personnel by leading experts in threat reaction and containment.”
Threat Dynamic’s facilities contain video screens of multiple configurations where a person can practice real life tactical skills with modified firearms. The firearms are modified with lasers and CO2 which helps the pistols behave at least somewhat similarly to a live fire pistol. They have both civilian and law enforcement training sessions available for purchase.
I’m not a tactics expert, nor am I a firearms or ballistics expert, I’m at best an amateur shooter who loves the sport and the idea that I have the right to protect myself from danger, if I ever needed to. Going to a shooting range is intimidating for me because, my knowledge of firearms and the sport is limited, I’m not even sure I can hit the target most of the time… So, Threat Dynamics is a perfect place for me to practice skills that I wouldn’t feel comfortable practicing at a live if range. The laid back atmosphere and knowledgable employees at TD helps me feel comfortable enough to make mistakes and learn from them while on the range and while keeping everyone completely safe. Another great thing, both for training, and for fun, is the return fire belt! Basically, if you are fired upon during a scenario the belt sends a shock and it “surprises” you. This can be great fun for things like bachelor parties… Not that I would know.
- Fun, comfortable atmosphere
- Low cost to shoot A LOT
- Realistic scenarios to practice home invasion protection
- Licensed FFL firearms dealer
- Excellent place to fire your first pistol
- Great place to practice skills for any skill level
- Live fire range with the same laid back (but safe) approach (coming soon)
- Scheduling training sessions.
- Accuracy of the pistols seems to lack a bit but that could be user (by me) error
- Lack of membership with benefits