As seen on the Colt Facebook page today and released in the newest issue of NRA Life of Duty American Warrior magazine.
The Colt CQBP (Close Quarters Battle Pistol) in .45 ACP with an 8 round capacity (sorry 9 round, 8_1) seems to be deemed the best option by the U.S. Government for the most reliable failsafe design to be carried into battle by at most 12,000 of our soldiers, which is the potential number the government would buy from Colt if they determined they needed that many.
I get that it’s a good looking fighting pistol. Downright sexy actually. And .45 ACP I’ve got no problem with, but a low capacity single stack 8 round magazine and a pistol that is at worst a much younger brother to its 100 year old predecessor looks more like a popularity contest sponsored by Call of Duty than an educated choice at the best option for a fighting pistol in 2013. Just my 2¢ worth.
Here’s hoping they’ve got one to test fire during Range Day for SHOT Show this year.
No related content found.
H.o.G. on Instagram
- Timmons on Sub 6 Pound AR-15 for my Wife – The WIFLE
- Chris Miller on Sub 6 Pound AR-15 for my Wife – The WIFLE
- Ebbs on A Rifle for the Wife – The “WIFLE”
- Sub 6 Pound AR-15 for my Wife - The WIFLE | HausofGuns.com | Gun and Gear Reviews, Hunting and Outdoor Products, Video on A Rifle for the Wife – The “WIFLE”
- Fabio Santos on A Rifle for the Wife – The “WIFLE”