Last year at Media Day at the Range for SHOT Show 2012 when Springfield Armory unveiled and let us shoot their XDs pistol in .45 ACP it was a big deal. A single stack .45 that only weighed 21 ounces. It was also a BIG handful with standard power .45 ACP rounds.
All of 2012 we scratched our heads. When are they going to release the XDs pistol in a 9mm configuration? No more breath holding! Today we got a run down on the new Springfield Armory XDs pistol in 9×19/9mm Luger from the one and only Rob Leatham. Not only is Rob a great guy in person, but this pistol handles like a carry pistol should. Recoil is manageable, EVERYTHING is identical to the 45 model except for a few extra ounces (more barrel/smaller hole) and the magazine holds two more rounds. So instead of a 5 round mag, it’s a 7 round standard magazine. NEW YORKERS REJOICE! Too soon?
Below is the video rundown and shooting of the new XDs 9mm pistol. I think you’ll enjoy it as much as we did.
- Glock 42 AIWB Holsters Available | The Gun Feed on Glock 42 AIWB Holsters Available
- Glock 42 AIWB Holsters Available | HausofGuns.com | Gun and Gear Reviews, Hunting and Outdoor Products, Video on Super Snubnose IWB Holster
- USMC69 on Why Do I Carry a Knife?
- Bruce on Why Do I Carry a Knife?
- Ebbs on Why Do I Carry a Knife?