IMG_8453Last year at Media Day at the Range for SHOT Show 2012 when Springfield Armory unveiled and let us shoot their XDs pistol in .45 ACP it was a big deal. A single stack .45 that only weighed 21 ounces. It was also a BIG handful with standard power .45 ACP rounds.

All of 2012 we scratched our heads. When are they going to release the XDs pistol in a 9mm configuration? No more breath holding!  Today we got a run down on the new Springfield Armory XDs pistol in 9×19/9mm Luger from the one and only Rob Leatham. Not only is Rob a great guy in person, but this pistol handles like a carry pistol should. Recoil is manageable, EVERYTHING is identical to the 45 model except for a few extra ounces (more barrel/smaller hole) and the magazine holds two more rounds. So instead of a 5 round mag, it’s a 7 round standard magazine. NEW YORKERS REJOICE! Too soon?

Below is the video rundown and shooting of the new XDs 9mm pistol. I think you’ll enjoy it as much as we did.

IMG_8452

IMG_8459

11 Responses to NEW Springfield XDs 9 – SHOT Show 2013

1. “So instead of a 5 round mag, it’s a 7 round standard magazine. NEW YORKERS REJOICE! Too soon?”

LMFAO! Too Soon!

• Ebbs says:

WAYYYYY too soon. Couldn’t resist though. Hey at least it wasn’t an 8 round magazine. Then the joke would’ve been worse!

2. Clint says:

Okay, the standard mag is 7 rounds. Is there a higher capacity magazine available?

3. Roy says:

Love my XDs .45! It is a little hand full to shoot though, you better be hanging on when you release the hounds. Had to add a Limbsaver grip sleeve to soften the blow on the hand. I was getting a permanent XDs grip pattern in my palm. The thing is this is a carry gun and if I ever have to use it the adrenaline will be pumping so hard I’ll never feel it. Springfield keeps making awesome stuff that’s for sure.

4. [...] Day for SHOT Show 2013. Not because I don’t like Springfield Armory, but because of their own release of the XDs in a 9mm chambering. Not to mention the XDm 5.25″ isn’t technically a “hot off the press” [...]

5. Peter Callham says:

Thats a horrible copy!!! Looks like the good Walther PPS!!!

• Ebbs says:

You know what’s funny? I get all over Ruger’s case for their copies of Kel-Tec, Savage and Walther. But it’s never dawned on me once since last year that the XDs from Springfield Armory looks an AWFUL lot like the Walther PPS. Nice call.

6. Pat says:

I love XDm’s and have a collection of 6 right now – 3.3 and 4.5′s. When the XDs was scheduled to come out I asked our local dealer to order me one – I waited and waited – got it two weeks after release – after seeing it at the NRA convention in St. Louis. I love it – as far as a handful – I don’t see much difference between the XDs 45 and the XDM 4.5 45. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. When told a 9 was coming out I’ve already placed an order with my gun dealer. I want to try and get it ASAP and have been in weekly contact with Springfield Armory – they actually sent me a T Shirt to quiet me! Didn’t work – it was scheduled to come out in December, now March – any ideas of the release date!

Huge XDm / XDs Lover
    PS – I’m a 57 year old teacher / woman – who’d a thunk!!!!!

• Ebbs says:

Pat, first of all taking the time to comment and weigh in. I love that you’re a teacher, a woman and see the sensibility in arming yourself to prevent becoming a victim based statistic.

Second, I think it’s strange you found the recoil not much different between the XDm and the XDs. To me it’s drastic, but I’m also a recoil snob. ;)

Third, I believe you’ll love the XDs 9. It’s a fantastic addition to the line and with a couple extra rounds in the mag AND a more enjoyable shooter I’m sure it’s going to be a direct competitor to the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield.

7. GASII says:

Just put the first 100 rounds thru my new XDs- 9 MM. Just under $600 in Dayton Ohio. Wow. What a comfortable feel. I really appreciate the simplistic ‘dummy proof’ break down and cleaning procedures with the XDs since I am a novice owner.