Glock fanboy? Probably. So let me just say this. The Glock 41 Gen 4 is a long slide practical/tactical .45 ACP built on a Glock 21 frame with slide dimensions matching that of their 34 and 35 models in 9mm and .40 S&W. JUST like the previous prac/tac models it has an adjustable rear sight and a long 5.3 inch barrel. Different from its predecessors is the slide which is missing the large port right above the barrel present in the 34 & 35 to reduce weight and absent in the 41 to help add weight because of the slimmer dimensions.
Having a standard 21 frame means the double stack 13 round magazines are no different (literally, the same) than your standard Glock full sized 45 ACP magazines. The meaty grip is exactly the same and the base grip with no add-ons and it comes with 4 different back straps (Gen 4 remember?) two of which have the new beavertail and two standard style. The beavers are nice because they allow a really high grip without fear of receiving the nasty slide bite Glock pistols are notorious for.
The Glock 41 is silly accurate right out of the box regardless of ammo type. In fact our pistol required no adjustment to the rear sight right and we found ourselves drilling bullet holes one on top of the other. Our testing ranged from 7 yards to 10 yards to 20 yards to 25 yards with Speer Lawman, TulAmmo, Aguila without a hitch and even some 185 grain hand loads that have notoriously given new pistols a tough time. Not this one. Rapid fire and quick follow-up shots come accurately with ease because of how light the recoil is. And thanks to the 4.5 pound trigger bar our pistol saw an average pull right around 5.5 pounds on the regular.
In short. The Glock 41 does not suck. Loads of pics below.
Glock 41 Specifications:
- Length (overall): 226 mm / 8.90 in.
- Length (slide): 211 mm / 8.31 in.
- Width: 32.5 mm / 1.28 in.
- Height (with magazine): 139 mm / 5.47 in.
- Barrel length: 135 mm / 5.31 in.
- Length of twist: 400 mm / 15.75 in.
- Trigger distance: 72.5 mm / 2.85 in.
- Trigger travel: 12.5 mm / .49 in.
- Barrel distance: 20 mm / 0.79 in.
- Line of sight (polymer): 192 mm / 7.56 in.
- Pistol without magazine: 690 g / 24 oz.
- Magazine std. empty: 85 g / 3 oz.
- Magazine std. full: 340 g / 12 oz.
- Magazine Capacity (rounds): 13
- Barrel Profile: right hand twist; octagonal
- Standard Trigger Pull: ~5.62 lbs.
- Muzzle Velocity*: 853 fps
- Muzzle Energy*: 347 fps